Saturday, July 28, 2012

It's About Time!


I could just kick myself.  Where have I been?  I’m not even close to being done reading ‘The 7 Habits of Effective People’ and I cannot believe that I did not pick up that book years ago.  As a parent and educator, Covey’s habits are irrefutable.  As I read through the first three habits, I started to wonder how many people could truly be impacted if they only had the knowledge and exposure to this perspective?!  What if everyone had a mission statement?

As the last few days of July wind down, I find myself reflecting on a personal mission statement as well as one for our family.  A sense of urgency runs through me as I read what Covey states, “. . .other people begin to sense that you’re not being driven by everything that happens to you.  You have a sense of mission about what you’re trying to do and you are excited about it.” 

What is your mission statement?  Can others sense you have a mission?  And have you taken the time to create a family mission statement?  If so, what are the key pieces you have found?

No comments:

Post a Comment